1) Privacy and your personal data
2) Information collected
When you visit the website, you may provide personal information such as name, address, email address and phone number by:
- Completing a Contact Us form on the site;
- Subscribing to receive news, promotions, information or updates;
- Email, where we may retain your email messages, your email address and our responses.
- Information collected about your device and IP address.
Hence by using the Wine Alchemy website, you agree to cookie use. If you do not accept this, alter your browser settings to turn off cookies or block those which are unacceptable to you. All modern browsers allow you to do this. Your browser settings provide instructions on this.
4) How do we use the information you provide?
We use your information in the following ways:
- to present content from our website in the most effective manner for you and your computer/device;
- notify you about any changes;
- provide you with any news, promotions, information or updates;
- update our records and provide anonymised usage statistics.
5) Personal information and third parties
We do not sell personal information collected by the website to third parties. Notwithstanding this, we are under a duty to disclose or share your information to comply with any legal obligations.
6) Your consent
7) Accessing your information
You may request access to your personal data that we collect online and maintain by contacting us. However, any access request may be subject to a fee of up to £10. The fees are to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
8) Personal data storage
All personal data is stored on UK computer systems.
9) Security and Trust
Instead of HTTP, the Wine Alchemy website uses an SSL EV Certificate for enhanced safety and privacy, using HTTPS. In your browser, you may see this as
- The name of the company or entity that owns the certificate;
- A distinctive colour, usually green, shown in the address bar to indicate a valid EV Certificate;
- A lock symbol in the address bar. It varies in colour depending on the website security status. By clicking on the lock symbol, you can obtain more information about the certificate.
HTTPS is much more secure than HTTP. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your data during transit to our website. Once we have received it, we use security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Paul Howard owns Wine Alchemy. Find out more here. All contents are copyright ©.
Last updated 19/05/2017